1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1.1 Information Needed to Use the our Platform.
We collect personal information about you when you use the vacationrental1.com platform. Without it, we may not be able to provide all services requested. This information includes:
- Contact, Account, and Profile Information. Such as your first name, last name, phone number, postal address, email address, date of birth, and profile photo, some of which will depend on the features you use.
1.2 Information You Choose to Give Us.
You can choose to provide us with additional personal information. This information may include:
- Additional Profile Information. Such as gender, preferred language(s), city, and personal description. Some of this information as indicated in your account settings is part of your public profile page and will be publicly visible.
- Other Information. Such as when you fill in a form, add information to your account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, communicate with vacationrental1.com Support and other Members, provide your address and/or geolocation, or share your experience with us. This may include health information if you choose to share it with us.
1.3 Information Automatically Collected by Using the vacationrental1.com Platform and Our Payment Services.
When you use the our Platform and Payment Services, we automatically collect personal and other information. This information may include:
- Geolocation Information. Such as precise or approximate location determined from your IP address, mobile or other device’s GPS, or other information you share with us, depending on your device settings. We may also collect this information when you’re not using the app if you enable this through your settings or device permissions.
- Usage Information. Such as the pages or content you view, searches for Listings, bookings you have made, additional services you have added, and other actions on the our Platform.
- Log Data and Device Information. Such as details about how you’ve used the our Platform (including if you clicked on links to third-party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the our Platform. We may collect this information even if you haven’t created an our platform account or logged in.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Payment Transaction Information. Such as payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing postcode, PayPal email address, your address, and other related transaction details.
2.1 Information You Publish in Profiles, Listings, and Other Public Information.
You can make certain information publicly visible to others, such as:
- Your public profile page, which includes your profile photo, first name (or initials where applicable), description, and city.
- Listing pages that include information such as the Accommodation or Experience’s approximate or precise location description, calendar availability, profile photo, aggregated demand information (like page views over a period of time), and additional information you choose to share.
- Reviews, ratings, and other public feedback.
- Content in a community or discussion forum, blog, or social media post.
We may display parts of your public profile and other Content you make available to the public like Listing details on third-party sites, platforms, and apps.
Information you share publicly on the our Platform may be indexed through third-party search engines. In some cases, you may opt-out of this feature in your account settings.
3.1 Host Service Providers.
Hosts may use third-party services to help manage or deliver their services, such as cleaning services or lock providers. Hosts may use features on the our Platform to share information about the Guest (like check-in and check-out information, Guest name, Guest phone number) with such third-party service providers.
4.1 Managing Your Information.
You can access and update some of your personal information through your Account settings.
5.1 Data Erasure.
In some jurisdictions, you can request that your personal information be deleted. Please note that if you request deletion of your personal information, or if your account is suspended, terminated, or voluntarily closed:
- We may retain your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as prevention of money laundering, fraud detection and prevention, and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend an vacationrental1.com Account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain information from that vacationrental1.com Account to prevent that Member from opening a new vacationrental1.com Account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, vacationrental1.com may keep information for tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., Reviews, forum postings) may continue to be publicly visible on vacationrental1.com, even after your Account is canceled.
- Because we take measures to protect data from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
1.1 Booking. When you book a Listing, you are agreeing to pay all charges for your booking including the Listing price and applicable fees identified during checkout (collectively, “Total Price”).
2.1 Cancellation. Generally, if you as a Guest cancel a Booking, your refund will be determined by the terms of your agreement with the host or by the information that was described on the listing page. In case of non-standard situations, we recommend that you contact the support of our service, but after you have made attempts to contact the Owner.
3.1 Your Responsibilities. You are responsible and liable for your own acts and omissions and are also responsible for the acts and omissions of anyone you invite to join or provide access to any Accommodation, Experience or other Host Service. For example, this means: (i) you are responsible for leaving an Accommodation (and related personal property) in the condition it was in when you arrived, (ii) you are responsible for paying all reasonable Damage Claim amounts necessary to cover damage that you, your guest(s), or your pet(s) cause to an Accommodation, and (iii) you must act with integrity, treat others with respect, and comply with applicable laws at all times. If you are booking for an additional guest who is a minor or if you bring a minor to a Host Service, you must be legally authorized to act on behalf of the minor and you are solely responsible for the supervision of that minor.
4.1 The platform is not responsible for any actions of the owner of the apartment, such as: non-payment of taxes on income from renting housing, renting housing where it cannot be done, and any other illegal actions on his part.